Batch : 2018 & Earlier
Want to talk before joining the Batch ? Write us here in WhatsApp : CLICK HERE
Like Google’s own ambitions, the work of a Software Engineer (SWE) goes way beyond just Search. SWE Managers have not only the technical expertise to take on and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also manage a team of engineers. You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs. As a SWE Manager you manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team. SWE teams work all across the company, in areas such as information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. Operating with scale and speed, our exceptional software engineers are just getting started — and as a manager, you guide the way.
With technical and leadership expertise, you manage engineers across multiple teams and locations, a large product budget and oversee the deployment of large-scale projects across multiple sites internationally.
Our vision is a vibrant Smart Home ecosystem, delighting both the users and partners on the Google Home Platform. In particular, the Services team’s mission is to deliver reliable, efficient, and innovative services for the helpful home, at scale. This team is responsible for highly scalable and performant services that are intelligent and intuitive as well as highly reliable and cost effective.
The Google Nest team focuses on hardware, software, and services for the home, ranging from Nest thermostats to Nest smart displays. The Google Nest team develops, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make users’ homes more helpful. Our mission is the helpful home: to create a home that cares for the people inside it and the world around it.
- Align Smart Home and Home Automation services through technical execution across multiple Engineering teams
- Lead the strategy and execution for Smart Home Services including migration to Google’s infrastructure
- Lead a team of Engineers and tech leads to transform the technical vision to reality
- Align Services’ technical strategy across multiple cross-functional and cross-PA teams
- Build inclusive teams and a culture where everyone can thrive.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in a technical leadership role; overseeing strategic projects, with 3 years of experience in a people management, supervision/team leadership role
- Experience working on a Smart Home based service. Full stack and distributed systems experience.
- Experience in consumer electronics or home automation.
- Experience with Google-scale infrastructure, Google Cloud Platform, and open source systems.
- Familiarity with IoT and home automation.