We’re on the lookout for the curious, those who think big and want to define the world of tomorrow. At Amazon, you will grow into the high impact, visionary person you know you’re ready to be. Every day will be filled with exciting new challenges, developing new skills, and achieving personal growth.
How often can you say that your work changes the world? At Amazon, you’ll say it often. Join us and define tomorrow.
Here are some phrases from Student Programs’ EVP that you can weave into your job summary to make it more attractive to our customers:
• At Amazon, you will define your goals, exceed them, and set new ones.
• If you’re insatiably curious and always want to learn more, then you’ve come to the right place.
• We continuously grow and improve.
• We want to you to feel welcomed, included and valued right from the start. We know that your experiences will help us build a better world.
• Though we’re a global company comprised of diverse individuals, we unite around our pursuit of to deliver on behalf of our customers.
• Our primary purpose is to make our customers’ lives easier. Your work will contribute to that purpose. Here, your voice and ideas can produce the breakthroughs.
• We think ahead and put long-term value over short-term wins. We believe in investing in your future.
• We want you to be the best version of yourself – to continuously evolve and improve.
• With us, you’ll get good at making fast decisions, taking calculated risks and fearlessly chasing excellence.
• We make the impossible, possible.
• We aim for the ultimate simplicity to make customers’ lives easier. That’s why we need people who are innovators and disruptors. People who dive deep and think big.
- Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary Amazonians to conceive, design, and bring to market innovative products and services.
- Design and build innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment and help lead fundamental changes in the industry.
- Create solutions to run predictions on distributed systems with exposure to innovative technologies at incredible scale and speed.
- Build distributed storage, index, and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage/use.
- Ability to design and code the right solutions starting with broadly defined problems.
- Work in an agile environment to deliver high quality software.
About the team
If you’re insatiably curious and always want to learn more, then you’ve come to the right place. Depending on your location, country, job status and other requirements, some or all of the following benefits may be available to you as an intern.
• Competitive pay
• Impactful project and internship/role deliverables
• Hybrid working (team dependent)
• Networking opportunities with fellow interns
• Internships events such as speaker series, intern panels, Leadership Principles sessions, Amazon writing skills sessions.
• Mentorship and career development
If you’re successful during your internship, you could be considered for a graduate role after finishing your university studies
Internship start dates vary throughout the year(2023).
Internship length can vary between (3 months to 6 months)
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields at time of application
- Although no specific programming language is required – you should be familiar with the syntax of languages such as Java, C/C++, or Python
- Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals such as object-oriented design, algorithm design, data structures, problem solving and complexity analysis
- Currently enrolled in or will receive a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree with a graduation date between June 2023 and June 2025
- Previous technical internship(s) if applicable
- Experience with distributed, multi-tiered systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Experience in optimization mathematics such as linear programming and nonlinear optimization
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined problems as well as ability to think abstractly