Batch – 2024
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Job Description Summary:Software Engineer Interns at PayPal develop innovative solutions and high-quality products that touch millions of people every day. Our engineers solve some of the most complex technical problems in the world of connected payments across multiple business units, (including PayPal, Braintree, Venmo, Paydiant). We are looking for the highest levels of technical talent and programming skills, as well as a keen desire to deeply understand our products and services to push our technology forward with respect to functionality, performance, reliability, and scalability.
You’ll work alongside the best and the brightest engineering talent in the industry. We have opportunities in a wide range of areas including development, design, search, platform, test, quality, big data, front end and back end. As a core participant of your team, you’ll estimate engineering efforts, design your changes, implement and test your changes, push to live, and triage production issues. You need to be dynamic, collaborative, and curious as we build new experiences, improve existing products, and develop distributed systems powering the world’s largest e-commerce and payments websites at a scale only a few companies can match.
- Code high-volume and scalable software (front-end and/or back-end focused). This may include creating web applications using React/Node; creating back-end services using Java, SQL, ReST and/or building and developing new user-facing experiences
- Partner closely with cross functional teams in design, product and other business units
- Must currently be pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited college or university graduating in 2024
- Strong applied experience. You’ve built, broken, and rebuilt software applications. We’re looking for creative thinkers who also know how to create real-world products.
- Familiarity with any or multiple of the following: Node.js applications, Java, C++. Python
- Understanding of concepts like Web Services, SOA, REST APIs
- A desire to grow, learn, and explore new things